Essential Yoga Practice, by Mona Flynn, MS and Asti Atkinson
Combines ancient practices with oils for synergistic well-being.
- Integration of yoga, Ayurveda, and chakras.
- Yoga effects on body and brain chemistry.
- How essential oils enhance the experience.
- 6 step-by-step yoga and oils sequences.
- Photographs of all poses.
- Companion tear pad and DVD available.
Combining yoga and aromatherapy, Essential Yoga Practice: Your Guide to the New Yoga Experience with Essential Oils will show you how to combine two ancient health practices in a modern, synergistic wellness program for body, mind, and spirit! Whether a beginner to either practice, an experienced student, or even a teacher, this compliant and comprehensive manual will lead you to new levels of fitness and insight—and helps you understand that yoga is a place for every body, just like aromatherapy is beneficial to every body! For ease in learning and performing the yoga sequences, a companion "Essential Yoga Practice" DVD is also available.
- Introduces the ancient art of yoga, its healing counterpart, Ayurveda; the chakras, energy centers of the body; and how yoga works with the body and brain chemistry.
- Discusses what essential oils are, why therapeutic-grade oils benefit us, and how to use them.
- Walks you step-by- step through 6 different yoga sequences using essential oils.
- Presents photographs of all the poses.
- Includes sequences for morning energy, strength, detoxification, partnering (nurturing relationships), sleep, and restoration.
Dimensions: 8 ½' wide x 11' tall x ¾' deep.
Mona Flynn, MS, has over 25 years of experience in wellness and fitness. She holds a master's degree in exercise physiology and is a registered yoga teacher with over 500 hours of experience (RYT 500E). She is a long-standing member of both the Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Mona is co-owner of the Institute of Integrated Yoga Therapy, which offers yoga teacher training programs, and owner of Lifefit, Inc., a private yoga practice.
Asti Atkinson began her own natural wellness journey when she discovered essential oils in 1998, and she has been a dōTERRA® Wellness Advocate since 2010. She has educated thousands of people in groups around the world on the benefits of essential oils.
- PART 1: YOGA
- Section 1: Introduction to Yoga
- Yamas (Restraints)
- Niyamas (Disciplines)
- Asana (Physical Practice)
- Pranayama (Breath Work)
- Dharana (Concentration)
- Samadhi (Enlightenment)
- The Five Sheaths
- Section 2: Ayurveda—The Sister Science of Yoga
- Vata—The Energy of Movement
- Pitta—The Energy of Transformation
- Kapha—The Energy of Lubrication
- Dosha Assessment
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Section 3: The Chakras—Energy Centers of the Body
- Section 4: Benefits of Yoga
- Section 5: How Yoga Makes You Fit
- Yoga and Brain Chemistry
- Section 6: Yoga Tips
- PART 2: ESSENTIAL OILS
- Section 7: Essential Oils—What They Are and How They Benefit Us
- What Are Essential Oils?
- How Do Essential Oils Benefit Us?
- Physical Wellness
- Body Systems Support
- Focus and Concentration
- Emotional Wellness
- Section 8: Essential Oils—Sourcing, Harvesting and Extraction Procedures
- Author's Suggestions to Essential Oil Consumers
- Section 9: Three Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Section 10: Essential Oils—Chemical Versus Nutritional: What Essential Oils Are Not
- Section 11: Essential Oils—Safety Guidelines
- Section 12: How to Use Essential Oils With the Yoga Sequences in This Book
- Section 13: Essential Yoga Practice Blog
- PART 3: ESSENTIAL YOGA PRACTICE SEQUENCES
- Morning Sequence
- Strengthening Sequence
- Detox Sequence
- Mom/Dad and Me (Partner) Sequence
- Sleep Easy Sequence
- Restorative Poses
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS