Note: Because of changing international regulations, brand names of commercially available blends and supplements no longer appear in Modern Essentials publications (beginning with 6th editions).
This popular hardcover book is truly one of a kind.
Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is perfect for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the definitive guide, whether you are a new or an experienced essential oils user.
Features of the New Edition:
- Stunning new design incorporates more full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- New oils appear in sections throughout the book.
- New design of "Single Essential Oils" and "Essential Oil Blends" sections features an updated "Quick Facts" box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or oil blend.
- "The Science and Application of Essential Oils" section enhances knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, historical background, safety information, and more.
- New entry on "How Essential Oils Interact with the Body" highlights scientific research and safety data.
- New entry on "Ensuring Essential Oil Purity and Quality" features diagrams and illustrations showing the processes for testing essential oils.
- Easy-to-understand definitions follow each medical condition listed in the "Personal Usage Guide" section.
- Hundreds of research studies appear in added footnote references throughout the book.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and oil blends include chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and much more.
- Essential oils solutions offer help with everything from common disorders like acne to more serious illnesses like diabetes.
- Illustrated charts display information on auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, and the autonomic nervous system.
- New "Additional Notes" pages for personal observations and reference appear after the sections on "Single Essential Oils," "Essential Oil Blends," and "Essential Oil-Inspired Wellness Supplements."
6th Edition, 3rd Printing, February 2015.
Pages: 352 pages.
Dimensions: 11¼" tall x 8½" wide x ¾"
Note: A case of
Modern Essentials comes with 14 books.
AromaTools™ compiled and wrote this book.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Science and Application of Essential Oils
- An Introduction to Essential Oils
- A Brief History of Essential Oils
- How Essential Oils Interact with the Body
- Ensuring Essential Oil Purity and Quality
- Essential Oil Constituents
- Topical Application
- Auricular Internal Body Points
- Reflexology Hand and Foot Charts
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Aromatic Application
- Nose and Olfactory System
- The Art of Blending
- Internal Application
- Daily Tips for an Essential Lifestyle
- Single Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blends
- Essential Oil Inspired Wellness Supplements
- Personal Usage Guide
- How to Use This Section
- Dilution Chart
- Additional Notes on Using Essential Oils
- Personal Usage Guide
- Appendix and References
- Appendix A: Body Systems Chart
- Appendix B: Single Essential Oils Property Chart
- Appendix C: Taxonomical Information
- Research References
- Quick Usage Chart